2019 Update: in print
We are very excited to announce that the 2019 soft-cover edition of the Vermont Reptile and Amphibian Atlas is now available!
This Atlas includes all the maps included on this website, the supporting documents and lists of contributors, plus additional and updated information on relative abundance, subspecies and hybrids, hypothetical species, background information. Since our first Atlas was published in 1995, over 7,000 individuals have contributed more than 98,000 additional records to our database. These much-improved maps reflect the state of our distribution knowledge through 2017.
This atlas is not an identification and natural history guide, but a guide to the known distribution of all of Vermont’s reptiles and amphibians.
All proceeds from the sales of this edition will support the Vermont Reptile and Amphibian Atlas. The Atlas costs $15 (plus $0.90 for Vermont sales tax). Shipping is $4 (please add $2 for each additional atlas in the package). Calculate your cost (one Atlas including tax and shipping costs $19.90, and two cost $37.80), then you can pay via PayPal or check.
Pay with PayPal at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/VtHerpAtlas
Make sure you click “Add a note” under the payment amount to tell us how many atlases you’d like, and provide your name and shipping address.
Pay by check: Make your check payable to James Andrews with “Printed 2019 Atlas” in the memo line and send it to:James Andrews
Vermont Reptile & Amphibian Atlas
642 Smead Road
Salisbury, VT 05769
Include your shipping address. Please e-mail us if you’d like to pick it up, or if you have a question.
Printed Atlas Table of Contents: Preview
Note: We’ve added links to the relevant online page for your reference. There is some information available in the printed atlas that is not available currently on our website.
- Copyright and Recommended Citation
- Introduction and History
- Vermont Reptiles and Amphibians
- Relative Abundance Tables: Amphibians, Reptiles
- Useful Sources of Information
- Additional Reading
- Search Tips and Handling
- Vermont Salamander Lengths
- Vermont Frog Lengths
- Vermont Turtle Lengths
- Vermont Snake Lengths
- Vermont Frog Calling Times
- Map Information
- Vermont Salamander Maps (Alphabetical by Scientific Names)
- Vermont Frog Maps (Alphabetical by Scientific Names)
- Vermont Snake Maps (Alphabetical by Scientific Names)
- Vermont Lizard Maps (Alphabetical by Scientific Names)
- Vermont Turtle Maps (Alphabetical by Scientific Names)
- Contributors of 20-99 Records
- Contributors of 100 or more Records