When the Animal Needs Help

Sometimes, when we find a turtle, snake, frog, salamander, or lizard—or a mammal or bird—they appear sick or injured. Often, a nearby licensed wildlife rehabilitator can help. This map may help you find one near you. (Click it to see it larger or to download to your device. Rehabilitator contact info is included in the PDF.)  If you found an injured turtle, this page will help you determine what to do (and not do) while you reach out to a wildlife rehabilitator: https://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/nongame/turtles-injured.html

You can contact Vermont Fish and Wildlife at (802) 828-1000 or fwinformation@vermont.gov.

For more information, visit the Vermont Fish and Wildlife’s web page about injured or orphaned wildlife: https://vtfishandwildlife.com/learn-more/living-with-wildlife/injured-and-orphaned-wildlife